Tuesday, May 02, 2006

How to Succeed at Hole Digging
Without Really Trying

Babes on beach pay no attention to the Teenager behind the flip-flop.


Teenager gets bored. Dreams of hole digging glory.


Teenager enlists Teenager Buddy and Teenager-Wannabe in hole digging operation.


Holes-‘R-Us Corporation successfully completes first project. Fame spreads. Donald Trump sends contracts for appearance on next season of The Apprentice.


Teenager has grown up in desert. Thinks “TIDE” is what keeps clothes clean.


Tide waits for no one.


Teenager-Wannabe steps down to enthusiastic support role. Teenager Buddy nowhere to be found. Holes-‘R-Us Corporation stock plummets.


Babes on beach to the rescue.


Holes-‘R-Us stock price implodes. Teenager bails.


Amid crowd of adoring fans, Teenager raises hands in victory…over exactly what only Teenager knows for sure.


14 comments:

Ballpoint Wren said...

Bwa ha! This is so funny! I'm in the library, trying to keep quiet but I'm laughing out loud and IT'S YOUR FAULT, ELIZABETH.

Jessie said...

That is too funny! I especially like the photo of all three of them lounging in the hole. Ahhhh, cute. :) Ok, but then I started to get worried that Teenager might drown! I'm glad he was victorious! :)-

Cheetarah1980 said...

great photography! that hole looks like the perfect place to chill on the beach.

Plantation said...

OK. So where's the beach in Phoenix?

Pop Culture Casualty said...

These are great photos and make me feel like I am thirteen again. Life was so simple then. Great post. And thanks for the link.

Elizabeth Krecker said...

Bonnie, since I regularly spit very expensive lattes all over my laptop in coffee shops when reading your blog, I feel NO guilt over getting you tossed from the library!

Jessie and Cheetarah, he was never really in danger of drowning, though I think the risk was what made it seem fun to him. And it was actually painful to see such a beautiful hole washed away!

Plantation the beautiful beach with the turquoise water is in Rocky Point, Mexico.

Sober, the best part about having a teenage boy is being reminded of how simple and joyous life can be.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

What a hilarious sequence, and your witty captions, well, just cap it! Are you sure you're not a humor writer?

Plantation said...

Great game! How was the date?

Elizabeth Krecker said...

Thanks for the compliment, Georganna, but I'm only funny because of my son! Maybe I'll never let him out lest I run dry of blogging fodder!

Never mind the date Plantation, did you SEE that GAME!!!!

Mindy Tarquini said...

This is GREAT, Elizabeth!

Two days after SUSD lets out, we are off to the Jersey Shore and the kids are no doubt destined for hole-digging greatness, also.

Making A Mark said...

Love the photos - now don't forget to print out a copy of this post and out it with the file of stuff you're doubtless making for his future intended!

M. C. Pearson said...

Ah, the things I have to look forward to! My boys are 5 and 10. OY!

Anonymous said...

Katherine, you're evil!

Esther Avila said...

LOL - my question on the previous post is answered right here! And with pictures!