Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Some wisdom from Dr. Richard Carmona, the U.S. Surgeon General: At the Go Red for Women/American Heart Association luncheon in Phoenix this past Friday, Dr. Carmona told us that when he goes into a community to institute programs to improve public health, the first group he reaches out to is the mothers. Then he said, "To all of you mothers, you're the ones who will change the world because we men have screwed it all up."

Today's for you, moms, and especially my mom!

Be strong, be powerful, be good to yourself, be you!

Yours truly,

Elizabeth

P.S. Sorry guys, he said it, not me.

7 comments:

Plantation said...

Happy Mother's Day. Tell your kid it's your day today, not his.

M. C. Pearson said...

LOL, that was cute! Happy Mommy's day to you too!

Jess Riley said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like Dr. Carmona knows the deal. :)

(I laughed out loud at the "cat's meow." I say stuff like that all the time: bee's knees, cat's pajamas, etc.)

Elizabeth Krecker said...

Hi Plant! thanks for stopping by!

Janice, Mimi and Jess, I don't know if Dr. Carmona ever said that line before, i think our audience might have been the first. He is from Arizona and was visiting his daugher in Phoenix, so he might have been inspired. Well, actually, he was inspired - he's an amazing person and if you ever have the chance to hear him speak, I recommend jumping at the opportunity!

Anonymous said...

crazy is the best possible thing for your teenager to think of you

happy mother's day, elizabeth. from the looks of your blog, your creative energies have only increased. i think of you whenever I’m in navaholand, and anytime I see verga.

- jeff a. (jeff@paintedwall.com)

Ballpoint Wren said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you, Elizabeth!

Pop Culture Casualty said...

A special Mom's day for me and my mom this year. Unfortunately, it is also my Dad's birthday. So I'll keep this quote between my Mother and I.

Thanks for stopping by!